It is literally a session devoid of key economic data releases
Happy Friday, everyone! Hope you’re doing well as we get things going in the session ahead. Markets are calmer today with the yen holding weaker amid higher Treasury yields. The dollar is mixed in trading so far, reflecting some lack of direction for the most part.
Fed chair Powell’s speech at 1400 GMT will be the key focal point for markets but expect to hear from Fed officials in the build up to that any time during the European morning.
Among the Fed’s reserve bank presidents, only San Francisco Fed president Mary Daly will be absent. So, literally everyone else will be there. There will also be a host of other key attendees at the symposium this year so let’s see who else we could be hearing from:
- BOE governor Mark Carney
- RBA governor Philip Lowe
- Bank of Canada governor Stephen Poloz
- RBNZ governor Adrian Orr
- ECB chief economist Philip Lane
- ECB governing council member Benoit Coeure
- ECB governing council member Olli Rehn
- ECB governing council member Klaas Knot
- BOJ deputy governor Masazumi Wakatabe
I wish you all the best of days ahead and good luck with your trading!