The USDMXN continues volatile trade
The Mexican Pres. Lopez Obrador has named deputy finance minister Herrera as the new finance minister. I guess he nominates him.
He further comments that the ex-FM Urzua is not in agreement with our government decisions.
Urzua in his twitter resignation letter said:
- Some public policy decisions were made without sufficient foundation
- It was unacceptable that some public servants lack of knowledge of finance ministry
- Naming of unprepared public servants in ministry was motivated by influential people in the government with conflicts of interest
- He felt forced to quit
Goldman is out with their thoughts on the unexpected resignation by saying:
- resignation suggest friction within president Lopez Obradors administration
- suggests economic policy decisions may be guided, informed by non-economic, financial criteria
- economic policy decisions may be made by people without the required, relevant credentials