Forex futures positioning data among non-– commercial traders for the week ending July 2, 2019.
- EUR short 31K vs 56K short last week. Shorts trimmed by 25K
- GBP short 64K vs 59K short last week. Shorts increased by 5K
- JPY short 1K vs 10K short last week. Short trimmed by 9K
- CHF short 11k vs 16k short last week. Shorts trimmed by 5K
- AUD short 58k vs 66k short last week. Shorts trimmed by 8K
- NZD short 24K vs 24K short last week. Shorts unchanged
- CAD short 6K vs 15K short last week. Shorts trimmed by 9K
- Prior week
- All the currencies are short vs the dollar (i.e., positions are long dollars.
- The EUR shorts were trimmed by an additional 25K in the current week (ending on July 2) That puts the short at the smallest level for the year and since October 16 week.
- Of the majors, the GBP was the only currency that showed an increase in shorts. The other currencies showed shorts being trimmed (i.e. dollar longs being trimmed).
Touch / Click anywhere to close